Switching to Peoples Bank is easy!
3 Simple Steps to Switch
Step 1: Select the Peoples Bank account that's right for you and open an account
Not sure which account is right for you? We can help you make the proper choice. Simply call or visit Peoples Bank to learn more about our account choices.
When you have selected the account that fits your needs, get started on making the switch to Peoples Bank by completing an online request to open an account. We will contact you to complete the process.
Select the type of account you'd like to open:
If you prefer to open an account in person, you can schedule an appointment with your Banking Center to begin your switch to Peoples Bank.
Step 2: Start using your new account and switch direct deposits and automatic payments
Once you have your new Peoples Bank account number, you can easily switch your direct deposits and automatic payments by notifying the sender of the transactions of your new account information. For your convenience, you may use the forms below for the following changes:
- Switch your direct deposit or automatic payment from your old account to your new Peoples account.
- Authorize a new direct deposit or automatic payment for your new Peoples account.
If you're a current Peoples Bank customer and want to change your automatic payments and deposits to an existing account with us, you can also use the forms below to request the changes.
You'll need a separate form for each direct deposit or automatic payment received.
You may be receiving direct deposits for things such as payroll, an annuity or IRA distributions, pension payments, and interest payments.
- For payroll, your employer may request that you complete their authorization form, or you may give them the Direct Deposit Form below.
- For any other direct deposit, contact the originator and give them the Direct Deposit Form below.
- For Social Security or other government payments, use the form available at www.ssa.gov/deposit/howtosign.htm, or call the Social Security Administration at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778). If you visit one of our Banking Centers, we can initiate this call for you!
Automatic Payments and Withdrawals
You may have automatic payments set up to pay utility companies, day care providers, fitness clubs, insurance companies, internet service providers, and mortgage companies to name a few.
- Many billers offer the ability to change your bank account information for automatic payments on their website. To make the change online, you'll need your full account number and the Peoples Bank Routing Number: 271973924.
- For any other automatic payment, contact the originator and give them the Automatic Payment Authorization form below
Step 3: Start using your new account and switch direct deposits and automatic payments
Once you've made sure all of your direct deposits and automatic payments have been transferred to your new Peoples Bank account and any outstanding checks have cleared, you're ready to close your old account. Complete the Request to Close Deposit Account Form and forward it to the financial institution of the account(s) you want closed. Destroy any unused checks, deposit slips, ATM or debit/check cards.
That's it! Complete and deliver the forms to begin enjoying your new Peoples Bank account. If you need assistance with completing the forms or have questions, we'll gladly assist you. Please visit your Banking Center, contact us or call 219-853-4400.
Are you interested in: