July 26, 2018
We recently discovered that some of our ATMs have experienced fraud.
At Peoples Bank, we are committed to protecting the security and integrity of your information. For that reason, we have decided to act proactively and cancel any debit/ATM cards that we have detected fraudulent activity on. Replacement cards have been ordered and our team is working diligently to contact all impacted customers.
If you have used a Peoples Bank ATM in June or July, please review your account activity and notify us of any irregularities. If you need assistance reviewing your account activity, contact your local Banking Center and they will be happy to assist you.
Below are a few frequently asked questions that we have received:
- Is my personal information safe?
- Yes, aside from select card and PIN numbers, no customer information was compromised. We’ve cancelled any ATM/Debit cards that we have detected fraudulent activity on, and are working with those customers to get new cards in their hands.
- What do I do if I notice a charge that I didn't make?
- If you notice any unauthorized charges or ATM withdrawals, please contact your local Banking Center immediately. Even unauthorized charges that are small dollar amounts should be reported.
- What can I do to ensure my account remains secure?
- We encourage you to monitor your account and sign up for debit card alerts to be proactive. You can also change your PIN at any of our ATMs for added protection. Additionally, please ensure that your contact information (phone number, cell phone number and email address) is up to date. To do so, please contact your local Banking Center.
- How many/which ATMs were affected?
- A few of our ATMs were affected by this incident.
Additional updates will be provided here as more information becomes available.
Are you interested in: